Introduction to CMS/XEDIT
This 1 day course will introduce students to CMS and XEDIT and is designed
for those who will need to use them on a day-to-day basis in the course
of their work. There are practical sessions throughout the class to
reinforce the knowledge gained during the practical sessions.
Staff who need to use CMS and XEDIT.
maximum recommended student to instructor ratio is 16:1
By the end of the course, the delegates will be able, with the aid of
course notes to:
· Identify the major components of a Virtual Machine.
· Send messages between machines.
· Create new files and XEDIT existing files.
· Locate information within files
· Use common XEDIT commands for updating files
· Create a PROFILE EXEC to customise their CMS session.
of current knowledge
Introduction to mainframes
components of a Virtual Machine
Disk and File Structure
System Status area
Command Search Sequence
Customising a CMS Session
Some useful VM Commands
a new file
Editing a file
Saving an updated file
XEDIT Prefix Subcommands
back to top